Individual Units of Competence Nationally Recognised Training
What is an Individual Unit?
An individual unit of competence allows you to study a specific subject without undertaking a full program. Individual units deliver excellent learning outcomes and make a great CPE activity. Learners who successfully complete an individual unit/s are awarded a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
Study one unit?
There are many ways for practitioners to earn their CPE hours and develop their skills and knowledge. Individual units of competence offer an excellent CPE outcome. My CPE deliver a selection of individual unit relating to business and finance. Browse through the list and enrol in a unit of competence, or a group of units today.
Need a tailored solution?
Individual units or a Skills Group are a great way to gain a skill or a group of skills without completing a whole qualification.
Are you looking to gain formal skills in a particular subject? Contact us to discuss how we can tailor a course to suit YOU!
Click below to access other individual units we offer.
BSBCUS301 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
BSBCUS403 Implement customer service standards
BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
BSBITU422 Use digital technologies to collaborate in the workplace
BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
BSBSMB402 Plan small business finances
BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
FNSACC313 Perform financial calculations
FNSACC405 Maintain inventory records
FNSACC407 Produce job costing information
FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
FNSACC411 Process business tax requirements
FNSACC412 Prepare operational budgets
FNSACC413 Make decisions in a legal context
FNSACC414 Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
FNSACM401 Evaluate and authorise payment requests
FNSORG505 Prepare financial reports to meet statutory requirements
FNSORG506 Prepare financial forecasts and projections
FNSPAY501 Process salary packaging arrangements and additional allowances in payroll
FNSPAY502 Process superannuation payments in payroll
FNSPAY503 Process complex employee terminations in payroll
FNSPAY504 Interpret and apply knowledge of industrial regulations relevant to payroll
FNSPAY505 Interpret and apply knowledge of taxation systems relevant to payroll
FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
Nationally Recognised Training Programs
Nationally recognised training is defined as any program of training leading to vocational qualifications and credentials that are recognised across Australia. My CPE deliver a range of Qualifications, Skill Sets and Individual Units of Competence. These include:
• Industry training package qualifications and units of competency as listed on www.training.gov.au.
• Courses that have been accredited by a VET Regulator.
Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
A Registered training organisation (RTO) is a training provider registered by ASQA (or, in some cases, a state regulator) to deliver vocational education and training (VET) services. RTOs are recognised as providers of quality-assured and nationally recognised training and qualifications. My CPE has a VET partnership with the Institute of Strategic Management Pty Ltd (RTO 91485) to deliver vocational education and training (VET) services.
Tax Practitioners Board (TPB)
My CPE is officially endorsed by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) as an Approved Course Provider. The Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) approve certain courses which must be undertaken with an approved course provider for it to count towards meeting the education requirements for registration as a tax agent, BAS agent or tax (financial) adviser. Approved courses must be delivered inline with the Boards conditions.
Qualification versus Skill Set
A qualification is a certification awarded that recognises the successful completion of a nationally recognised training program. A qualification consists of a selection of core and elective individual units of competency. An example being the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping which contains 13 units of competency in total.
Skills Sets are comprised of a group of units of competency to meet a clearly defined industry need. Skills Sets are a way to recognise a particular group of skills that do not make up a whole qualification. Many positions require candidates to possess specific sets of skills to meet industry standards or regulatory and legislative requirements.
Skill Sets can
• Assist by recognising skills and knowledge acquired through workplace training
• Offer you the flexibility to meet your individual skills training needs
• Impart new skills to meet industry standards or regulatory and legislative requirements
• Form the foundation for a qualification at a higher education level
• Address a specific workforce skills gap.
If you’re keen to study a specific subject without undertaking a full program, enrol in an individual unit of competence with My CPE. Individual units are an excellent CPE activity. Candidates who successfully complete an individual unit/s are awarded a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment from the Institute of Strategic Management Pty Ltd (RTO 91485).
Learning Management Process
Each formal program will have a different enrolment term and we advise you check this important detail prior to enrolment. Special access programs may have a short duration. Students are encouraged to study at their own pace, bearing in mind the time constraints contained within the program.
- Registration – Once registered, your Assessor will schedule an interview
- Assessor Interview – Each student will have the opportunity interact, ask questions and have any initial competency gaps identified in the interview. An appropriate learning & assessment pathway will be determined with you.
- Learning – Opportunities are provided through instructor-led training, e-learning and coaching and/or mentoring where required.
- Assessment – Assessments are marked once each unit has been submitted. An assessment decision will be made by your Assessor and advised within 5 working days.
- Final Interview – Guidance regarding the assessment decision is provided, future learning opportunities are identified and your feedback is sought.
- Your Statement of Attainment or Qualification is issued by the Institute of Strategic Management Pty Ltd (RTO 91485).
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is the process of recognising the experience and skills that a person has acquired throughout their career. The principles of RPL will be applied at all stages of your learning / assessment. If existing competence is evident, it will be recognised and recorded to expedite the completion of your program. You will be provided an opportunity to request RPL during the initial interview; however you may request RPL at any stage of your enrolment term.
Unique Student Identifier
Students enrolled in formal education are required to provide their USI. Information about the USI or registration can be found at: https://www.usi.gov.au/create-your-USI/Pages/default.aspx.
Payment and Funding
We believe formal education should be accessible to everyone and offer an interest free payment plan in select circumstances. A payment plan can be negotiated with your assessor on enrolment. Government funded training programs may be available from time to time, however they are limited and conditions apply.
In general terms:
• The total amount of all fees including course fees, administration fees, materials fees and any other charges will be published on the My CPE website or advised to students in writing prior to the commencement of selected course. An Invoice will be issued for the full course fee, with the deposit and remaining payment plan specified.
• Payment terms, including the timing and amount of fees to be paid and any non-refundable deposit/ administration fee – Payment for formal training is required prior to the start of the course up to a limit of $1,500. The balance of the invoice must be paid prior to the completion of the program. Prior to registration a payment plan may be arranged with your Assessor.
• Interest is not charged on payment plans.
• Payment can be made by EFT or Credit Card.
• We guarantee to complete the training and/or assessment once the student has commenced study in their chosen qualification or course within the allocation time frame of study.
• The fees and charges for additional services, including such items as issuance of a replacement qualification testamur and the options available to students who are deemed not yet competent on completion of training and assessment, and
• Our organisation’s refund policy – If services have not been delivered in accordance with the agreed terms, a full or partial refund may be requested. Authorised refunds will be paid within 5 working days. Failure to complete a program after registration is not grounds in itself for a refund, either through voluntary action or otherwise. A refund may be payable if My CPE fails to deliver in accordance with the agreed terms, or extraordinary circumstances have prevailed outside the participant’s control.
• Requests for refunds should be addressed to the CEO of My CPE at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The team of educators at My CPE are committed to supporting you through your chosen program and are keen to help you succeed. If throughout your program you need assistance on study related matters or student support related matters you can contact our office via your e-learning portal.
Your award will be issued on successful completion of a nationally recognised training program (Certificate IV, Diploma, Skill Set or individual unit of competence) by our partner Registered Training Organisation (RTO) the Institute of Strategic Management Pty Ltd (RTO 91485).
My CPE are committed to promoting and increasing the integrity and professionalism of the industry by encouraging our members to participate in quality, relevant and current formal education. We deliver nationally recognised qualifications from Certificate IV level to Diploma level within the terms of our partner agreement with the Institute of Strategic Management Pty Ltd (RTO 91485).
Why study with My CPE?
Empower yourself to build a successful career in the Accounting and Bookkeeping industry. Get inspired by our students who can testify that with the right support, flexibility and motivation you can achieve your goals.
We are committed to delivering the highest standard of education and want you to succeed.
Our team are a group of well qualified industry experts who are experienced and committed to quality education.
Your course includes learning relevant, practical skills that can be used in the workplace.
Successful students receive a nationally recognised Qualification or Statement of Attainment.
Study at your convenience, anywhere, anytime to complete your course around other life commitments.
Assessors are practising industry experts who can advise on study, career and industry opportunities.
Do you need guidance?
Book a free consultation to speak with one of our experienced consultants for guidance on your formal educational requirements. The experienced team at My CPE are keen to assist you reach your goals.