Nationally Recognised Training Programs
Nationally recognised training is defined as any program of training leading to vocational qualifications and credentials that are recognised across Australia. My CPE deliver a range of Qualifications, Skill Sets and Individual Units of Competence. These include:
Industry training package qualifications and units of competency as listed on www.training.gov.au.
Courses that have been accredited by a VET Regulator.
Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
A Registered training organisation (RTO) is a training provider registered by ASQA (or, in some cases, a state regulator) to deliver vocational education and training (VET) services. RTOs are recognised as providers of quality-assured and nationally recognised training and qualifications. My CPE has a VET partnership with the Institute of Strategic Management Pty Ltd (RTO 91485) to deliver vocational education and training (VET) services.
Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) Approved
My CPE is officially endorsed by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) as an Approved Course Provider. The Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) approve certain courses which must be undertaken with an approved course provider for it to count towards meeting the education requirements for registration as a tax agent, BAS agent or tax (financial) adviser. Approved courses must be delivered in-line with the Boards conditions.
A qualification is a certification awarded that recognises the successful completion of a nationally recognised training program. A qualification consists of a selection of core and elective individual units of competency. An example is the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping, which contains 13 units of competency in total.
Skills Sets are comprised of a group of units of competency to meet a clearly defined industry need. Skills Sets are a way to recognise a particular group of skills that do not make up a whole qualification. Many positions require candidates to possess specific sets of skills to meet industry standards or regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Assist by recognising skills and knowledge acquired through workplace training
- Flexibility to meet your individual skills training needs
- Impart new skills to meet industry standards or regulatory and legislative requirements
- Form the foundation for a qualification at a higher education level
- Address a specific workforce skills gap.
If you are keen to study a specific subject without undertaking a full program, enrol in an individual unit of competence with My CPE. Individual units are an excellent CPE activity. Candidates who successfully complete an individual unit/s are awarded a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
Learning Management Process
Each formal program will have a different enrolment term and we advise you check this important detail prior to enrolment. CPE programs may have a shorter duration than formal programs. Learners are encouraged to check the duration of each program and study at their own pace, considering the particular duration of each particular program.
- Registration – Once registered, your Assessor will schedule an interview with you.
- Assessor Interview – Each student will have the opportunity interact, ask questions and have any initial competency gaps identified in their initial interview. An appropriate learning & assessment pathway will be determined.
- Learning – Opportunities are provided through instructor-led training, e-learning and coaching and/or mentoring where required.
- Assessment – Assessments are marked once each unit has been submitted. An assessment decision made by the assessor within 5 working days.
- Final Interview – Guidance regarding the assessment decision is provided, future learning opportunities are identified and your feedback is encouraged.
- Your Statement of Attainment or Qualification is issued.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is the process of recognising the array of relevant experience and skills that an individual has acquired throughout their career. The principles of RPL will be applied at all stages of learning and assessment where applicable. Those who can demonstrate competence and supply documentary evidence may have prior learning recognised and applied to expedite the completion of your program. Your will provide an opportunity to discuss your RPL options during the initial stage of the program; however you can request RPL at any stage.
RPL is not applicable to most CPE programs or TPB approved programs, its specific to formal education.
Unique Student Identifier
Students enrolled in formal education are required to provide their USI. Information about the USI or registration can be found at: https://www.usi.gov.au/create-your-USI/Pages/default.aspx.
Payment and Funding
We believe education should be accessible to everyone and offer an interest free payment plan for those aiming to complete a formal program in select circumstances. A payment plan can be arranged with your assessor prior to enrolment. Government funded training programs may be available from time to time, however they are limited and conditions apply. Payment plans and funding opportunities are not available for short courses such as CPE programs.
In general terms:
- The total amount of all fees including course fees, administration fees, materials fees and any other charges will be published on the My CPE website or advised to students in writing prior to the commencement of selected course. An Invoice will be issued for the full course fee, with the deposit and remaining payment plan specified.
- Payment terms, including the timing and amount of fees to be paid and any non-refundable deposit/ administration fee – Payment for formal training is required prior to the start of the course up to a limit of $1,500. The balance of the invoice must be paid prior to the completion of the program. Upon registration a payment plan may be arranged with our office.
- Interest is not charges on payment plans.
- Payment can be made by EFT or Credit Card.
- We guarantee to complete the training and/or assessment once the student has commenced study in their chosen qualification or course within the allocation time frame of study.
- Fees and charges for additional services may apply, include such items as issuance of a replacement qualification testamur and the options available to students who are deemed not yet competent on completion of training and assessment.
- Refund policy – If services have not been delivered in accordance with the agreed terms, a full or partial refund may be requested. Authorised refunds will be paid within 5 working days. Failure to complete a program after registration is not grounds in itself for a refund, either through voluntary action or otherwise. A refund may be payable if My CPE fails to deliver in accordance with the agreed terms, or extraordinary circumstances have prevailed outside the participant’s control.
- Requests for refunds should be addressed to the CEO of My CPE Pty Ltd at the following email address: email@example.com
The team of educators at My CPE are committed to supporting you through your chosen program and are keen to help you succeed. If throughout your program you need assistance on study related matters or student support related matters you can contact our office via your e-learning portal.
Your nationally recognised award will be issued on successful completion of a formal training program (Certificate IV, Diploma, Skill Set or individual unit of competence) by our partner Registered Training Organisation (RTO) the Institute of Strategic Management Pty Ltd (RTO 91485).
Awards for your informal achievements will be issued by My CPE Pty Ltd. Specifically this relates to most short CPE programs; online courses, webinars, workshops and events.
My CPE is committed to promoting and increasing the integrity and professionalism of the industry by encouraging our members to participate in quality, relevant and current formal education. We deliver nationally recognised qualifications within the terms of our partner agreement with the Institute of Strategic Management Pty Ltd (RTO 91485).